A great cooking classic, the rump steak with pepper sauce is as tasty as it is fragrant and terribly delicious.
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 2 min
Difficulty level : Easy
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 rump steak (140 g each)
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 2 tbsp. of sunflower oil 4 tbsp. cognac
- 20 cl of dehydrated veal stock
- 20 cl of heavy cream (30% fat)
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper, pink pepper, green pepper
Rump steak with peppers
Crush the pepper.
In a pan,
- Heat the butter and oil, sear the meat (cook to the desired doneness).
- Reserve on a wire rack covered with aluminum foil.
- Remove the excess fat from the pan, deglaze with the cognac, stir and scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Pour in the veal stock. Season. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and add the pepper and incorporate the cream (the sauce should become smooth).
- Arrange on a plate.
This dish can be served with a pan of mushrooms and mashed potatoes.
CELLAR SIDE : Côtes du Forèze
Crush: roughly crush.
Deglaze : dissolve in a liquid (water, vinegar, crème fraîche, wine, veal stock, etc.) the cooking juices attached to the bottom of the container after cooking.
You should then rub the pan with a spatula to release them and mix them with the liquid. They will be useful for preparing a sauce.
Photo: C. Herlédan